Single stage steam ejector
Steam ejectors are based on the ejector-venturi principal and operate by passing motive steam through an expanding nozzle. The nozzle provides controlled expansion of the motive steam to convert pressure in to velocity which creates a vacuum with in the body chamber to draw in and entrain gases or vapors. The motive steam and suction gas are then completely mixed and then passed through the diffuser or tail, where the gases velocity is converted in to sufficient pressure to meet the predetermined discharge pressure.
Steam ejectors are used in a variety of applications in the process, food, steel and petrochemical industries. Typical duties involve filtration, distillation, absorption, mixing, vacuum packaging, freeze drying, dehydrating and degassing. Ejectors will handle both condensable and none condensable gas loads as well as small amounts of solids or liquids.
Single stage steam ejectors as vacuum pumps, which convey against atmospheric pressure are used for the production of vacuum down to a suction pressure of approx. 100 mbar.
- No Moving Parts – Steam ejectors are exceedingly simple and reliable. There are no moving parts to wear or break in a basic ejector.
- Low Cost – Units are small in relation to the work they do and cost is correspondingly low.
- Versatile – Various piping arrangements permit adapting to environmental conditions.
- Easy to Install – Relatively light in weight, ejectors are easy to install, and require no foundations. Even multi stage units are readily adaptable to existing conditions.
- Corrosion and Erosion Resistant – Because they can be made of practically any workable material, or coated with corrosion-resistant materials, ejectors can be made highly resistant erosion and corrosion.
- High Vacuum Performance – Ejectors can handle air or other gases at suction pressures as low as 3 microns HgA.
- Condenser air removal.
- Vacuum packaging.
- Decarbonating brewery water.
- Water treating by degasifying.
- Used in degassing molten steel.
- Perfume concentration.
- Sea water deaeration and desalination.
- Crude tower distillation.
- Geothermal gas extraction.
- Chemical processing.
Materials of Construction
- Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Low alloy steels
If you are interested in our products, please fill in the following form according to your requirements. We would appreciate it very much: